Monday, August 3, 2009

Finality in a Resting Place


This past weekend me, my Mom, my brother Eric and sis-in-law Barbara went to the cemetery to see my Dad's grave marker. He and Mom are on there. They have some great neighbors - lots of friends from church, both living and deceased, have purchased their places in the quiet area. It was kind of strange - I didn't feel Dad's presence there at all. Dad is still around us when we need him. Allie the sweet dog was interested too - I bet she still misses Dad too. We all do.

5 comments:

June said...

Thank you..Dad would have liked it and Allie added a happy note.

FP Brewer said...

Watch for the dragonflies....

Cherie Mac said...

I saw dragonflies...sitting on the bench and holding Allie, and one flew around us. I had forgotten. It was a confirmation for sure.

Scott said...

Hi,

I just finished watching a documentary on the restoration of Battleship Texas, and out of all of the content of that video... I was most intrigued by your father. His mannerisms, passion, and overall character led to to try and find out more about him, as a person. I knew the odds of finding him alive were slim given his age in the documentary, and the age of the documentary itself, but I was hopeful.

I've come across your page here, and read some other things about him. I just wanted to let you know that among the other 1000's of people that he effected during his lifetime...I too was effected by him.

I wish you all the best, Feel free to contact me anytime if you feel like it!

Scott Martin
Dallas, TX

FP Brewer said...

Scott,
Thank you for your very kind words. It would be grest to talk more with you about my pop. How can we connect off line without giving up our privacy?

Eric